Tuesday, March 19, 2013

A friend, me, and JoAnn makes three!

This past weekend I went on a shopping trip for fabric! I have been teetering back and forth on wedding dress designs and decided that I need to quit being so indecisive.

At first I wanted a completely unique dress in an olive color very much like this one:


Next, I saw this Dolce and Gabanna masterpiece and decided to have olive lace like this one:


Then, all of my olive dreams were destroyed when I saw this gorgeous grey Vera Wang dress:


So what have I finally decided on? This pattern:


JoAnn has the soft polka-dot lace I've been searching for! So now, I'm thinking of making an olive dress with ivory polka-dot lace on top... Should I do it? Should I just eat the money I spent on the fabrics? 
Let me know what you think, and let me know if you think it will work with this pattern.

I love the boat neck, the sheer chest, and the tulle skirt!! I am in love with this dress and I believe it will make an extra special wedding dress!

I ordered 5 yards of the super adorable ivory polka dot lace! It is currently 50% off, woo hoo, and I used a free shipping coupon for orders over $35!  A JoAnn photo of my new favorite fabric (an actual home photo will be added as soon as this treasure arrives):

Here is a photo of me and my green fabric that I will use for the bodice and very bottom layer of the skirt:


I definitely need to tan in order to wear this color! I used a different ivory tulle/mesh net to cover the green since that's how (hopefully) it will look when I make the dress! 

Thoughts? Am I crazy for wanting to sew my own dress (being a novice at sewing and all)? 
OH more news!! I have decided that I will be making my sister's dress (she is the maid of honor and thus deserves a spectacular one-of-a-kind dress)! She seems pretty excited about that so that boosts my ego up!

Hope you all have had an amazing week! The first day of Spring is tomorrow!
 I am working very hard at cleaning my house for this upcoming season. I am loving this Pacific northwest weather and cannot wait until the beautiful emerald summer reappears! :)




1 comment:

  1. THAT Vera Wang dress...................

    killed me.

    You already know I love the polka dots! I can't believe you're sewing Becca's dress as well! So exciting!!!

    ReplyDelete