Saturday, January 26, 2013

The List- 2013

I am 26 days behind, but I am finally making my 2013 list.

The past six months have truly been an emotional roller coaster for me (which is incredibly hard to deal with in a new city with no friends). This list is my way of telling the universe, "SHUT UP! I am in control... sort of."

My wishes for 2013:
-Plant a bee garden: I've been wanting to do this since 2008, but I have never had the amount of time I have now.

-Have an exciting and stress-free wedding: This truly is a wish since I have no idea how this mess will turn out!

-Sew my own wedding dress: I am a novice but so determined to make this happen.

-Make friends in Seattle: This is my new home, so I better make the most of it!

-Gain confidence: Everyone here is Seattle skinny (not too skinny but somehow super healthy and in shape) and I want to be able to walk by a Seattleite and not feel insecure about myself!

-Train my dogs: My babies know basic commands (one more than the other) but they are SO spoiled. I want to push myself to teach them that I am the pack leader and their boss (right now they are my bosses).

-Keep in touch with my family: This doesn't seem like a hard thing to do.... I mean, pick up the phone and dial, right? Well, I am such a weird state of mind that I find my station in life so meaningless that I don't even want to bother people with what I haven't been doing (also, sadness and anger rubs off on others and I want everyone happy) which leads to...

-Be happy: This one may be my hardest challenge. I am so focused on what I don't have that I ALWAYS overlook what I do have: my health, my fiancé, my pups, my cat, my family, my God, etc. We will see if this is another cynical year for me!



Let's get this blog started, citags.

-VEM

1 comment:

  1. Your wishes are admirable. They're not easy at all. You are doing so well and blooming into a wonderful woman (more than you already were). 2013 is going to be a fantastic year for you!

    ReplyDelete